In today’s digital world, the corporate website of the company stands not only as a face of the business but also as the first client-to-customer tursu point. Everyone agrees that you can not build a first impression on the second date. Same logic goes to the brand presence and business digital existence.
The main condition for starting the promotion of a company on the Internet using a web resource is the competent work done to create it. What is needed for this, we will tell you in stages.
A corporate website is a full-fledged representation of a company on the Internet. It contains detailed information about the organization, its products and services, as well as events in the life of the team. Such a site serves not only as an indicator of the status of the company, but also as a public “showcase” showing the degree of development of corporate style and culture.
Unlike a business card site or its extended view – a representative site, a corporate site not only reveals the entire volume of useful information about the company, but also contains tools for content processing. It can be integrated with automation tools (ERP, CIS, CRM), allowing you to manage trade, resources, interact with clients, and keep accounting.
Company website elements:
- About the company – definition, mission, history, employees.
- Corporate news – internal events, external events, orders.
- Communication module – organization contacts, feedback form, forum, corporate chat.
- Trade module – catalog of goods and services, order, delivery.
- Our clients – a list of the largest customers, reviews.
- Our work is a case study with a demonstration of customer tasks and stages of their solution.
- Documents – licenses, permits, admissions, constituent documents.
- Goal setting
Start by defining a goal: why is it necessary to develop a corporate website for a company, how to attract visitors to it and profit from it? For example, if you are going to create an online store, then users can be attracted from search engines and social networks, as well as mailings and advertising.
Popular purposes of creating a company website:
- A platform for direct advertising and demonstration of achievements (cases).
- Official presentation of the company.
- Online and offline trading is an additional sales channel.
- Communication with consumers for after-sales support of a product / service (consultations, technical support).
- PR promotion of the brand and executives.
- Recruiting new employees.
- Increasing company awareness.
- Building a positive reputation and building brand trust.
- Attracting potential investors.
- Compliance with the requirements of the law – transparency of information, financial statements.
- Non-commercial purposes – charity, social events.
Before starting to work on the site, we create a technical assignment for its development.
What is included in the software requirements specification or website technical requirements list:
Determination of the target audience – who is the future buyer or client. We analyze what information he comes to the site for, what type of data he perceives better and what nuances are priority for him.
Analysis of competitors – this is how you can see their strengths and weaknesses and find your own “zest”, which no one else has.
Choosing the type of corporate website. This parameter depends on the tasks at hand. So, for example, a landing page will be the most effective option to guide the buyer to the target action, a representative website to create a favorable image, and an online store to sell an assortment of goods.
Budgeting – calculating the costs of project implementation.
Creating a resource structure – defining main pages, categories and sections. This structure is also called the “tree” of the site.
Collecting the semantic core and clustering by pages – creating a list of relevant (relevant to the site’s topic) key queries for SEO-website promotion.
The information obtained can be entered into a table with a list of the main pages of the corporate site and the tasks that need to be done to develop them. For example, for the main page, you need to collect semantics, write text, create a design, etc.
How to plan a budget for a corporate website
To calculate labor costs, distribute tasks so that you assign one person to each of them. Fill in another table with the name of the task, the performer, the number of hours required to complete. Knowing the rate of each employee per hour, you can roughly calculate the cost of work.
To plan the project timeline, list the hours received by day for each specialist, and then summarize the result.